Thursday, September 22, 2011

Moments


Thank you Thursday Poet's rally for the Perfect poet award
I nominate Cello Strings for the next






There have been times and moments when,

The urge to put every thing aside comes aloft my mind.

To be as free as the bird that sings,

It’s, swan- song from the skies above.

To move with total abandon, not to think,

No more secrets not even from one self.

To be as light as the wind,
To be like the soaring imaginations--------


Just to smile as I walk by
And count God’s blessings that,
I am free and free and alive.
To dance a jig on the crowded streets
That I am one of this huge congregation of humanity.

Big dreams do people dream,
But I have the urge,
For some such mundane pleasures,
That would fill my life, with joy unbound.



© 2011 Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury




Image courtesy: http://www.bigpicture.in/amazing-jump-moments-captured-at-right-time/


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your bouncy write- free and easy, light too! tq for sharing maitreyee! my thursday.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/human-race-human-waste/

Ann LeFlore said...

Oh that could be so much fun to dance a jig on a crowed street I would love to see this and the image just jumps out at you nicely done
http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2011/09/agreement-for-thursday-poets-rally-week_21.html

The Orange Tree said...

vivid capture of those moments, when everything is open...

Thanks for sharing.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

we all want to let go and be free as a bird sometimes. Very nice wirte!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/in-the-blink-of-an-eye/

Rahul said...

Very few people count their blessings ! Nicely penned

The Nefarious X said...

I enjoyed your poem
It had an enormous sense of freedom.
I could relate to it.
Great Job

Isadora said...

Free and innocent ..... where has that gone???
Well done ...
Isadora




http://insidethemindofisadora.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/yes-how-old-we-get/

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful piece, made me remember those carefree moments I had as a child and now see in my own son

Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury said...

Thank you everyone for reading :)

Ashwini Sane said...

Happiness is in enjoying everyday small things and just enjoying each moment! Very nice reading!

Anonymous said...

I love it, as in literally love it...especially the last two ending lines. :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

very enjoyable piece.

Thanks for the treat.

Happy Rally.

GrĂ¥ Sky said...

You made me smile :-) Thanks...

The Poetry Palace said...

love it absolutely.
you rocked on it.

please comment to let us know after you are done returning favors and making a minimum 18 comments,

Happy Rally.
Thanks a ton for the beautiful entry and instant participation.