Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day dreams





I day dream a lot. Sometimes I day dream so much that I begin dreaming about what I might day dream too....that I'm flying into people's minds, checking out what their thoughts are.. titillate the good thoughts and the the pious .. & make them wicked ..and confuse the hell out of those who plan A B C & C B A...I day dream of ruffling a techies hair..pulling at his tie..make him see ghosts in the stifled corridors that he moves in..and when I see a techie next zombying past me..I laugh loud so much so that I'm broken from my own dreams and disturb the computer like march of the zombie in question..I day dream of burning the syllabi of every university, school and college and dance on the orange- red bonfire that burns..I daydream of two pine trees from childhood, the oranges I ate on top of them, the peels I threw that made the grass beneath organic.. I'm awakened by the stench of plastic burning in a dustbin nearby, where I have been walking while dreaming..I dream of exams I need not give..sitting on the little chair next to the hostel bed and falling asleep..waking up to the reality of falling off the chair & being laughed at by room mates..I dream of a world full of ethics..where I can see the joy of not following them..becoming alive & going back to them..realizing what drunkenness is all about..I day dream of falling in love at 80 and being as silly about it as in the twenty s...and wake up to the realities of a mature institution called Marriage ...I day dream about a world full of love, where Peter Brooks, Hitler and Himesh Reshamiya sing the same songs...I wake up to the low buzz of the 'How to live' channel on television which is beaming the platonic details and vital statistic of the bombing of Pearl Harbor an- educational feature on 'how to eradicate dreams for centuries'




© 2011 Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury



( Image courtesy Google)

2 comments:

The Unknowngnome said...

Your day dreams flew into my mind titillating the good thoughts, the pious and made them wicked!

This is a great writing! Dream to dream becoming alive and going back realizing...

realizing what drunkeness is.

I wish I had written this!

Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury said...

thanks so much Unknowngnome