Saturday, August 29, 2009

In madness I belong


In times of creativity, bounding on relativity,
My mind hovers over the infinite-
In the inferno that boils within,
sometimes placating, sometimes bizarre,

What is it about the search?

Is craziness this, is love this,
and then I think again...
In serenity I want madness, In tranquility I find no peace
A face that eludes the soul,
A smile not brazen enough-
What is this madness that I seek
Of demons and angels that co- exist?

When Passion makes its flights of fancy,
And encompasses the zeal to see the naked-
The 'MOULD' then turns a mere fancy for things that lie within,
The spoken word of love and peace juggle in vain-

A pair of eyes with their questions, try my heart strings again.
A gesture, a word at times don't suffice
For love that burns within-

A madness in the soul I seek,
Not tepid words herein-
'I love u' s and 'Muaah's are just so passe...
Where's the feeling I say
If love were to life
As life were to love
Then let the madness begin.

In the dance of the Lord, that mourned his wife and tore to bits herself,
Of falling parts and embers deep-
Places of worship they become
Aye that's the madness that love begets, and a passion that is FELT!
For madness and worship are words that bring
Sense to sanity and insanity within....

Thus in the madness thou shalt find,
An inferno raging 'PEACE'
And then shall they the 'eyes' tell of the story within.

Of a love and life that of madness only sing
And a peace therein that flows, now tepid, silent and unassuming......


© 2009 Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury

8 comments:

Ritz.. said...

What a profound though articulated in a form of rhythmic Music like poem...
Loved it...

I am putting your poem in my blog's section "Blogger of the Day"...
To share it with my fellow blogger's .....Hipe you dont mind ...

Ritz..
http://delectableflavors.blogspot.com/

Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury said...

Thanks so much :)..I remain grateful.

A grain of sand said...

its the madness that subsets love. if there is no madness,there is no fight. fight not to break up,but fight to salvage a relation. fight fair ,fight dirty, but fight ...fight with madness ,fight in love for something that u believe in.
amazing read!

Soumitra Dasgupta said...

This is very good Maitreyee. You have written a lot. I will read it peacefully. am impressed.

Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury said...

Thanks so much people for reading :)

DEEPRAJ JHA said...

can i suspect that u have gone though einsteins relativity??..
www.jhadeeprajjha.blogspot.com

http://mindlesslampoons.blogspot.com/ said...

In the dance of the Lord, that mourned his wife and tore to bits herself,
Of falling parts and embers deep-
Places of worship they become....
:)

Unknown said...

hi.. i just want to say that when i read it.. i just wanted to feel the old madness in that once nascent love..people tend to forget the madness as they mature up in relations..which gives birth to passion i suppose..tc :)